Volunteer Firewood Survey
Instructions: If you have already taken this survey or have participated in an MTU interview survey about firewood please do not fill out this survey. Please fill out this survey to the best of your ability. Have the person who plans the camping trips fill out the survey. Circle one answer for every question unless otherwise indicated. Fill in the open response questions in the space provided. Please DO NOT put your name, other contact information or your campsite number on your survey. You may fill out this survey at any point during your stay and turn it in where you registered for camping or to any other park employee. Thank you.
1) Name of Campground
2) Today’s date (Circle month and write in day) June July August Day
3) What is the zipcode of your residence?
4) What is your sex/gender? (Please circle) 1) Female 2) Male
5) What is your age group? (Please circle)
1)18-25 2) 26-30 3) 31-40 4) 41-50 5) 51-60 6) 61-70 7) 71 and older
6) What level of education have you completed? (Circle one)
1) elementary school 4) some college
2) some high school 5) completed college
3) completed high school/ GED 6) professional or graduate school degree
7) How many times do you leave home to go camping in the summer? (Circle one)
1)1-5 trips a summer 2) 6-10 trips a summer 3)11-20 trips a summer
Page 1 of 2
Page 1 of 2
8) When you camp do you normally stay in a: (Circle one)
1) Tent 2) RV 3) Cabin 4) Other (Please specify)
9) How far away from home do you travel to go camp? (Circle one)
In State 1) less than 100 miles 2)100-200 miles 3) more than 200 mile
Out of State 4) less than 100 miles 5)100-200 miles 6) more than 200 miles
10) What kind of campgrounds do you normally prefer to stay at? (Circle one)
1) State Park 2) National Forest Service 3) Private 4) County 5) Township
6) Other (Please specify)
11) Which kind of campground facilities do you usually prefer? (Circle one)
1) Modern camping (has facilities with running water and flush toilets.
2) Rustic camping (has outhouses)
3) Back country camping
12) Which of the following describes how you most often get your firewood? (Circle one)
1) I bring firewood with me 2) I collect firewood in the surrounding woods
3) I buy firewood near the campground 4) I buy firewood at the campground
13) Do you know of any regulations on the transportation of firewood? 1) Yes 2) No
1) Flyers/ poster 2) Billboard 3) TV 4) Radio 5) Friends or family
6) Other (please specify)
15) If you answered yes to question 13, what regulations on the movement of firewood do you know about?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey!
Page 2 of 2
Page 2 of 2